Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Games That You've Beaten

Posted by Tarbolde on .
From Wikipedia, "The story (in Clock Tower) is loosely based on Dario Argento's film, Phenomena."

Wow, I just watched that movie uncut a few weeks ago; haven't seen it since watching the edited US version (Creepers) in the late 1980's. I'll have to give that game a look.

One horror game that I've beaten is Evil Dead: Hail to the King (Playstation). It features the voice acting of Bruce Campbell, "Ash" from the Evil Dead movies. He does a great job in this; the start screen has two different humorous soundtracks with him encouraging you to play. The game itself is mostly a button masher, but some technique is required for larger enemies. Every few steps 'Deadites' leap out of the ground with an other-worldly roar; this made me jump many times, especially when the volume was turned high. HttK isn't a game for everyone, but for Evil Dead fans it's a must-play.

-Tarbolde

"I'll swallow your soul!"

In reply to: Re: Games That You've Beaten posted by Tricob on .
Now that I think about it, I did beat the SNES english translation of "Clock Tower". I still haven't managed to get two endings on the list, though (There's over half a dozen possible endings). Numerous endings are "bad" endings, and most are fairly scary. You have no idea how shocked I was when I went into an elevator, ready to see an alternate ending. I then heard the Scissorman attack me off-screen, my character screamed, and then blood poured out from beneath the elevator doors. :-O

- Tricob.