Message Board
Register

Re: Can anyone recommend me?

Posted by LukeHemmings on .
That's fitting, i actually found and played Crazy Taxi right after i posted my first message. It's quite a fun game, i think it's the exact same game with the dreamcast version. There's these 3 modes, you can play the main missions in either the arcade mode or original mode where you can choose to play with the arcade rules (extra time for driving the customers to their destinations in time) or just play continuously for 3/5/10 minutes. And there's this Crazy mode where there's 9 + 3 mini-missions (last 3 are unlocked after you finished some other missions), where you have to reach a target using the game's signature tricks like Crazy Drift (making a crazy sharp turn by using the pedals) or Crazy Jump (jumping of a ledge after accelerating the car faster by switching pedals), etc. Everything is the same with the dreamcast version, i think? The controls, the gameplay and the graphics/music as well. This game feels like it's completely a port to me.

Yeah if you like the dreamcast version you should enjoy this one too i think, especially if you're good with mashing buttons and all (doing the tricks to get the customers to their destinations the fastest way are the best part of playing this game IMO). The ad-libs of the customers also are hilarious (my favorite is the pastor's one: "You're one hell of a driver"). Go and play it again. It's fun and it's worth the try.

Oh and btw, i'm a dude, name's Luke. Have a nice day m8.

- Luke

"Chrono Cross is the best video game of all time. Period."

In reply to: Re: Can anyone recommend me? posted by Tricob on .
I've never played the PS2 version of Crazy Taxi, but I played the Dreamcast port and really enjoyed it. If anyone gives this one a try, I'd like him/her to let me know how the game pans out. Thanks. :-)

- Tricob.