Message Board
Register

.ips vs .sfc files

Posted by jpwesson on .
I was importing ROMs onto hakchi to put them on the SNES classic, and all of the files I got from here were fine, but I had some issues with files from other websites. The files in question were super Famicom games I tried to import that were more obscure ROMs. I had to get from elsewhere, mostly romhacking I think, usually I'd get the location from the message board here. Games like live a live, fire emblem, etc.

During the import there would be a popup where I'd select the file I wanted to import, I'd select a .ips file, the other was usually a readme. Hakchi would say there is a patch for whatever game then and would I like to apply it. Then I'd get an error that said index was outside the bounds of the array, then it would move on to the next import. Going into the zipped ROM files, looks like non-Vimms are .ips and the ones that work are .sfc.

Hakchi version is 3.5.2

Does anyone know where to get these games in the .sfc format, or what I should do with the .ips?

Also, if you're out there Vimm, just wanted to add to what everyone else is saying and say thanks for the site. I discovered it in college like 16ish years ago, and it was one of the funnest Saturday nights I had :-)

Replies:
Re: .ips vs .sfc files
Vimm -- 12/22/2018 9:49 pm UTC