Thanks for visiting Vimm's Lair. I appreciate your honesty so let me return the favor.
1. I tried torrents long ago but nobody seeded. A torrent with one seed is simply an overcomplicated direct download. I also update The Vault regularly but once a torrent's released it can't be changed.
2. I've gotten that request a bunch lately. I'm not getting into that business.
3. Please don't do that. My bandwidth is limited and divided equally among everyone downloading. If everyone used a harvester there'd be little bandwidth left for real people who just want to play a nostalgic game.
I've been working to add more capacity but lately each time I do it's filled within weeks. It's a happy problem to have. I have more RAM arriving today which should make downloads start quickly again, and an SSD I added last month is working awesome so I could use some more. I'm also considering adding a second line and server.
So as you see there's plenty still to do, but ultimately this site is about nostalgia so if you're simply looking to amass a hoard of games there's other sites for that.
Hi, I would like to take everything here that isn't nailed down... But I also know that bandwidth is expensive and feel like I should look for another option besides downloading hundreds of Roms 1 at a time from your server over the course of months...
* Torrent with web-seed? (allows downloading from peers AND/OR a normal https server like here - automatically.)
* Mail Vimm an empty hard drive & return shipping label? (Heck I would happily include money for the trouble - but that might put it past the grey area)
* Otherwise I would like to set up a script to download the Roms one after another automatically on my side. Is that OK or would you prefer "not"?