Message Board
Register

GDemu help please

Posted by ForceMultiplier on .
Hello all. I've downloaded a few games from the Dreamcast vault onto a SD card but the GDemu in my Dreamcast isn't recognizing them. Downloads were extracted via 7zip. Got a good SD card from Sandisk that has been formatted correctly (FAT32). For every game I added I've created a new file in the root of the SD card (02, 03, 04, etc). Placed the extracted BIN and GDI files of each game in their own respective file on SD card. When I turn on the Dreamcast it loads up the GDmenu in file "01" and it shows all the other files on the SD card but they all say "Unsupported Disc/Empty file". I've tried everything I can think of to get the files to work. Renamed the GDI file of each game to "disc.gdi" on the SD card. Tried using Madsheep's "GDEMU_SD" tool but when I try to choose a GDI file I get a Microsoft .NET Framework error that says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Could not find file "D:\02\"." I click continue and nothing happens (I've made sure I'm using the latest .NET framework). Even tried renaming the .GDI files to .CDI to see if that would work, it didn't. Tried using the "RebuildGDI" tool but I get the same .NET framework error. My GDemu is a XBERSTAR clone bought from Amazon but I doubt that's the problem as it's reading file "01". Don't know what else to do, any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated, thank you ahead of time.

Replies:
Re: GDemu help please
Desian13 -- 3/17/2019 5:47 am UTC
Desian13 -- 3/17/2019 5:43 am UTC
ForceMultiplier -- 3/17/2019 6:03 am UTC
Desian13 -- 3/17/2019 6:30 am UTC
ForceMultiplier -- 3/17/2019 8:40 am UTC