Message Board
Register

Re: Dolphin - Paper Mario 1000 Yr Door Freezing Is

Posted by TinMan1325 on .
What format is the game in?

In reply to: Dolphin - Paper Mario 1000 Yr Door Freezing Issue posted by footsy666 on .
I'm having an issue where this ROM freezes in the same spot in the game each time. I don't know the name of the exact location, but it's in the first warp pipe that goes underneath Rogueport.

Professor Frankly opens the gate and there is a warp pipe. I enter the pipe, there is an encounter with 3 goombas, one regular, a spiked, and flying. advance to another warp pipe and there are a couple more smaller fights with goombas and these green spinning guys.

I eventually reach a room where at the very right of the screen there is a dead end with a Blue (!) block. It looks like there is a part of the wall next to it that is peeling off that is supposed to open when the block is hit. Every time I hit the block it starts to zoom in on that wall, then the game freezes. I have replicated the issue three times and it keeps freezing there.

Has anyone had this particular issue or something similar? If so what did you do to fix it? My next plan was to reinstall the ROM, since I'm not that far in the game, but I'd obviously rather not do that if it's unnecessary.

Replies:
footsy666 -- 5/4/2020 7:36 pm UTC
TinMan1325 -- 5/4/2020 10:00 pm UTC