Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Convert disc (BIN/CUE) games to CHD

Posted by TinMan1325 on .
I forgot to mention, if you want to revert your CHD file, it will only go back to a single CUE and a single BIN file. It will not go back to 1 CUE and multiple BIN files. So be warned, it can no longer be Redump or TOSEC verified

In reply to: Convert disc (BIN/CUE) games to CHD posted by TinMan1325 on .
PlayStation and Dreamcast games contain a single CUE file and about 6 billion BIN files. This program will allow you to convert those 6 billion + 1 files into one single CHD file without any loss in quality
Note: not all emulators can play CHD files though. DuckStation for PS1 will play them and the new Dreamcast emulators will also play them
Here is the program that will allow you to do it
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iGvA7Hw7jm2DiphcDHa6BKblu2hZdDFU/view
Extract that into the same folder as your game and you will have two files, one of which will be a batch (.bat) file. Just double click on it and it will do the rest
I've only tested this on PS1 and Dreamcast games and the results are pretty decent. I assume it will work for Sega CD but I haven't tested it

Here are my results
PS1
1Xtreme (USA) uncompressed 518 MB
1Xtreme (USA).zip 473 MB
1Xtreme (USA).7z 236 MB
1Xtreme (USA).chd 301 MB

So the results for PS1 games are pretty decent. But the Dreamcast is even better

Dreamcast
AeroWings 2 - Airstrike (USA) uncompressed 1.1 GB
AeroWings 2 - Airstrike (USA).zip 735 MB
AeroWings 2 - Airstrike (USA).7z 681 MB
AeroWings 2 - Airstrike (USA).chd 632 MB

Apparently you're not supposed to compress CHD files into a .zip or .7z though. But with results like that, you don't really have to