Message Board
Register

Re: are ROMs sites legal?

Posted by Ramiemulator on .
well a lot of rom sites are legal

In reply to: Re: are ROMs sites legal? posted by TomRiddle98 on .
Generally speaking, if you pirate old games, your ISP isn't gonna contact you for it, believe up I've been doing this for about 5 years and have not once gotten into trouble from my ISP.

The bottom line, Emulation is always legal, you can just verify it via a quick search.

Rom sites are illegal, yes, however, that fact should more or less be taken with a grain of salt.

Mainly because so many games here are not being made available for purchase, or at least games that are un-easy to purchase.

For example, I'm 13, meaning that I wasn't alive during the Gamecube era. If my uncle didn't tell me about what Rom sites were I might have never played games like Sunshine, TTYD, F-zero GX, e.t.c.

And even games that are popular but have licensing issues or regional problems may never get re-released again, eg. the Goldeneye Games or the Mother games for most people.

But if you have the original games that you want to emulate then you can dump them if you have the tools to do so, but if you don't have the games that you want to emulate and if you can't dump the games, then yeah, it's morally fine to pirate them, you don't own any unofficial re-seller money.

Again I'll stress that you won't get into trouble with your ISP just because you pirated Goldeneye as someone pirating old games for half a decade now, you can take my word.

Also, Emulating games isn't that hard, quite easy in fact if you look up a tutorial on the internet.

I'll also tell you that emulation is 100% legal, and that piracy is a very, very gray area, you need to take it case by case for every person who pirates stuff, it's not a black and white thing like most people think it is.

Replies:
DerpySnake -- 1/20/2021 9:29 pm UTC
Ramiemulator -- 1/21/2021 1:45 pm UTC
Ramiemulator -- 1/23/2021 5:05 pm UTC
DerpySnake -- 1/21/2021 3:14 pm UTC
Ramiemulator -- 1/23/2021 5:13 pm UTC