Message Board
Register

Re: Sega CD Roms

Posted by Smashburger on .
Oh so is that why he has the Sega Saturn on here? Lol

Nothing you said has been confirmed by Vimm. If you write off the almighty sega cd as "that wasnt a successful console" then you show you simply dont get the concept of retro.

Here, try on some real perspective...
The only reason most didnt buy the sega cd was because of the price tag you had to pay on top of buying a genesis console. Looking back over the games, when you can play them for free they are freakin bad ass. Its pure nestalgic bliss. Thats what retro is all about.

"I don't know how to put this but...I'm kind of a big deal. People know me."

In reply to: Re: Sega CD Roms posted by Tricob on .
Vimm seems to be focused on more successful gaming consoles. Neither the Sega CD nor Sega 32x were a success in North America. Note also the absence of the Sega Master System and the Sega Game Gear, which were also not successful in the U.S..

Interestingly, if you followed those same standards in Japan, you'd see some intriguing additions and removals. The Mega Drive (the Japanese version of the Sega Genesis) was not successful in Japan. In fact, there was a conflict between Sega of Japan and Sega of America, and that ended with numerous Sega titles being translated to English and released in Europe, but not in North America.

- Tricob.

Replies:
thewhat -- 4/10/2021 3:00 pm UTC
Tricob -- 4/10/2021 5:30 pm UTC
Smashburger -- 4/10/2021 5:34 pm UTC
Tricob -- 4/12/2021 3:09 am UTC
Smashburger -- 4/12/2021 3:29 am UTC