Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Silence..is funny/whos angry!

Posted by Dhaos on .
I start my new job in less than 2 weeks and it's costing me a fortune! Airfare, hotels, any other relocation fees, I need a new suit, dress shoes, and other clothes, I probably need luggage just to carry all the new stuff! And the one thing you should know about me and why I love emulation is that I am a cheap bastard and could easily become a minimalist. And this is just to get to stage 1, where for a few months food and board are taken care of, It won't be until later when I'll have to buy a car, find a house/apartment, pay for utilites, and all that crap that costs money to live a normal life. I never thought getting a job would cost so much.

In reply to: Re: Silence..is funny/whos angry! posted by Tricob on .
Talking about my job usually brings out the worst in me, as it usually sucks 100,000% of the time. The pay sucks, the morale sucks, the hours suck, the phone situation sucks (no pay phones anywhere, and cells rarely work with all the machinery going), and the income never goes up with the cost of living. Add to that the fact that I'm suffocating in there because I'm surrounded by things I'm allergic to the whole time I work there. When I get home afterwards, it takes about three hours before I'm breathing normally again. On yes, and I walk to and from work.

Hm, that's a pretty high suck-factor. But someone out there is sure to top it anyway. :-)

- Tricob.

Replies:
Tricob -- 4/19/2008 3:14 am UTC
Terence -- 4/24/2008 1:40 pm UTC
I could use a gf -nt-
Terence -- 4/24/2008 1:41 pm UTC