Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: 360 or Ps3 in your opinion?!Why?

Posted by Dhaos on .
I agree with you that in terms of OTHER abilities the Sony far exceeds Microsoft. I don't have a 360 or a PS3 but I do have a PSP and Zune, and the Zune is pretty pathetic especially the disgusting software. The PSP is pretty lousy for a gaming device but I'm pretty impressed with it for use as an emulator for NES/Genesis/SNES/N64 ROMs, a Spanish-English phrase translator, an Internet browser, a video player (and a crappy Mp3 player and picture viewer), an IR remote control, a map viewer, a SIM phone, and a personal GPS. Now, most of those weren't Sony made programs but the potential was there for someone else to make them. This isn't a direct correlation between the 360 and the PS3 but in terms of which company I would want based on the consoles Non-Gaming abilities I would probably choose a PS3.

But honestly I wouldn't need (or want to pay more for) a console with an internet browser and music player since, like everyone else, I have a computer and a stereo/mp3 player/music compatible dvd player. And sure Sony will get some great games that may or may not be exclsive to their system (Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII), but that point is moot since we can be assured that Microsoft will get their own great exclusives (like the Halo franchise, Fable 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Gears of War 2).

People considering buying one or the other might want to really consider the failure percentage. Retailers have reported that the Xbox 360 has had a failure rating around 30% due to insufficent cooling, while the PS3 and Wii reported less than 1% Source, if you can call the internet a source But I have heard that Microsoft handles the replacement/repair pretty well.

In reply to: Re: 360 or Ps3 in your opinion?!Why? posted by Terence on .
Trust me the games will come out, reason being its going to take much more effort to extend the game since they are trying to make use of these huge 50gb bluray discs, whereas you have 360 dvds...hrmmm Give the ps3 time and it will break out in lead, unless 360 plans to give free internet access, wait it doesnt, and internet browser,oh doesnt have that either, or blue ray capabilities, come to think of it, it doesnt have anything useful other than a dvd player in it. You can also NOT put music on them,WAIT, it can but only from CDs so if you have stuff on your jump drives or ipod or whatnot you can only stream it through, not store it, wtf is the 120 GB for then? Stupid crap like themes and demos and xbox original games that suck in quality, OH not to mention that f^&king crap of a marketplace! Oh here you can buy videos!!! YAY then it says you can only keep it for like a week then it gets deleted from your hard drive...GAY Microsoft, what are you doing?!

Replies:
Re: 360 or Ps3 in your opinion?!Why?
Tricob -- 4/25/2008 9:51 pm UTC
Agreed... -nt-
Terence -- 4/26/2008 6:11 pm UTC