Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: 360 or Ps3 in your opinion?!Why?

Posted by Tricob on .
Well, like I said, the failure rate for the 360 is due to lack of a proper cooling fan, which you have to buy separately. PS3 and Wii don't usually have such problems, and overheating is not the first problem MS has had with consoles they've released; remember how bad a reputation the original X-Box had for its controllers, and how hard MS had made it for third-party companies to create X-Box games?

Personally, I don't think the problems with MS's consoles are going to end anytime soon. And as far as the argument over which console has a bigger library of games, we all ought to consider not how many games are available in all, but how many *high quality* games are available in all.

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

In reply to: Re: 360 or Ps3 in your opinion?!Why? posted by Dhaos on .
I agree with you that in terms of OTHER abilities the Sony far exceeds Microsoft. I don't have a 360 or a PS3 but I do have a PSP and Zune, and the Zune is pretty pathetic especially the disgusting software. The PSP is pretty lousy for a gaming device but I'm pretty impressed with it for use as an emulator for NES/Genesis/SNES/N64 ROMs, a Spanish-English phrase translator, an Internet browser, a video player (and a crappy Mp3 player and picture viewer), an IR remote control, a map viewer, a SIM phone, and a personal GPS. Now, most of those weren't Sony made programs but the potential was there for someone else to make them. This isn't a direct correlation between the 360 and the PS3 but in terms of which company I would want based on the consoles Non-Gaming abilities I would probably choose a PS3.

But honestly I wouldn't need (or want to pay more for) a console with an internet browser and music player since, like everyone else, I have a computer and a stereo/mp3 player/music compatible dvd player. And sure Sony will get some great games that may or may not be exclsive to their system (Gran Turismo 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII), but that point is moot since we can be assured that Microsoft will get their own great exclusives (like the Halo franchise, Fable 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Gears of War 2).

People considering buying one or the other might want to really consider the failure percentage. Retailers have reported that the Xbox 360 has had a failure rating around 30% due to insufficent cooling, while the PS3 and Wii reported less than 1% Source, if you can call the internet a source But I have heard that Microsoft handles the replacement/repair pretty well.

Replies:
Agreed... -nt-
Terence -- 4/26/2008 6:11 pm UTC