Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Handheld Systems

Posted by Snake Eyes on .
I have both of the consoles. I have yet to put custom firmware on my PSP but I do have an R4 card for the DS. To be quite honest I look at games to buy for my PSP all the time but I rarely see anything that really strikes my fancy. However I have played several games on the DS and I always find something that I enjoy. If you plan on using your hand held as a home Console replacement when your on the go the PSP isnt a bad choice. But if you are looking for a console with great battery life, a massive library, and games designed with portability in mind, you would be hard pressed to do better than the DS. Another aspect that sold me on the DS originally aside from the R4 card was the old school flavor of the titles being released for it. As for the DSI I wouldn't reccomend it. If you have GBA games you wont be able to play them on it and it reportedly has a reduced battery life. I hope this helped you out a bit.

" Give them nothing! But take from them everything!"

In reply to: Re: Handheld Systems posted by Dhaos on .
I think what really bothers me about the DS is the lack of any other functions. I've enjoyed seeing what my PSP can do from Web browser, music player, video player, picture viewer, IR remote control, VOIP phone, GPS device, emulator of snes/nes/genesis ( I think it can even emulate GB/GBA games). Most of these require homebrew applications, but still impressive nevertheless. The DS, from what I've read about, seems like its limited without the memory expansion pack from the official DS Web Browser (Which Nintendo stopped sales of in the US back in August 2007). I would be happy to hear I am wrong and hear about some homebrew examples from people who have experience with DS homebrews.