Miscellaneous Board
Register

Let's liven up the board ...

Posted by Tricob on .
... with a little computer talk.

Home computer games helped contribute to the Great Game Console Crash of 1983. Yet, I've seen some really rotten games for the home computer in those years. Of the bad computer games you've played, what's the worst one you can remember?

The worst one I can remember - if memory serves - was running a self-running demo that came for free with a computer, as a way to promote the machine. It sounds like an enticing market move, only the game's poor quality made the computer look extremely bad. The game was called "Bill's Billiards", and used text graphics instead of graphics, despite the fact that it was an 8-ball game. Now, picture an all-text screen that's supposed to represent a pool table, and every ball - including the Cue Ball - could only move one square at a time, was only one square in size, and all balls could move only eight angles in all, no angles in-between. It's like playing an electronic version of billiards, only worse. I imagine trying to hit a ball with your Cue Ball was worse than impossible; if the Cue Ball missed the ball by even one square, it'd swoop right by it, and you basically had no control over what direction you'd send the balls that your Cue Ball hit. It was probably impossible to do anything in the game except Scratch your Cue Ball with every single move.

Okay, I've posted about the worst game I've seen. Now's your turn, folks. :-)

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

Replies:
Re: Let's liven up the board ...
Tarbolde -- 9/7/2009 4:05 am UTC
LMAO! Yeah, that's Apple BASIC ...
Tricob -- 9/7/2009 10:11 pm UTC
Dhaos -- 9/6/2009 12:03 am UTC
Tricob -- 9/6/2009 9:36 pm UTC
Ahem ... every *single* reviewer. -nt-