Manual Project Board
Register

Re: Uploading complete PDF's?

Posted by metacom on .
I should probably add...
I did see a posting here from a long time ago asking if we could upload PDF files instead, and the answer was yes. However, the onlyn way I can see on your site to upload files is as zipped image files. There seems to be no way to upload pdf's that I can find.
Thanks~

In reply to: Uploading complete PDF's? posted by metacom on .
I'm doing this as I type this and hope it works, and I assume it will.

Here is the problem - my 300dpi scans come to a grand total of over 250 megs. It's faster for me to actually put together the pdf manual myself and upload that. I have DSL and upload speed is really slow, and I have nothing that tells me where in the upload process I am, unlike when I download.

So will this work if I upload a zipped pdf manual? I zipped it only because thats how it's done, it didn't save any file size at all. The completed PDF I uploaded was 1/10th the size of the origional file I gave up on.

Since I've started typing out this message, my upload of the pdf has completed and it returned this message:
----------------------------
"Upload complete!

Processing your file: Utopia-Manual-SNES.zip

Warning: zip_read() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in D:\Inetpub\vimm.net\manual\upload\upload_process.php on line 86

Warning: zip_close() expects parameter 1 to be resource, integer given in D:\Inetpub\vimm.net\manual\upload\upload_process.php on line 93
Error: No .jpg or .png images found in zip file."
-----------------------------

So, how do I get this file to you? Without a fast upload connection, this seems to be a real pain in the *ss!

I have a number of manuals I'd like to upload, so it would be nice to figure this out.
Thanks!