Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: MAME

Posted by Tricob on .
> In the scanline demo pics they used Jungle King for the example
> screen. I'd forgotten about that version, and didn't know that
> they'd gotten sued over it; hence Jungle Hunt.

As far as I know, Taito never had such "locks" on Jungle Hunt. Jungle King was posted simply because that's the original version of the game. Jungle Hunt is a derivative of the older game, and requires many files from the original game in order to run.

The newest versions of MAME are extremely slow, and it's been that way since version 0.100 (It got slower and slower over time). That's why I haven't run a newer version. I use v0.59 for most ROMs, and v0.99 for a just two ("Nibbler" and "Frogs And Flies", incorrectly listed in the MAME database as "Frogs"). For games "Gauntlet 1", "Gauntlet 2", "Pac-land", "Pole Position II", "Prehistoric Isle", and "Road Blasters", I use MAME v0.84. This is only because ROM sets n ow available don't work in the older versions (they're missing "required" files), and lack things like Mouse control for Road Blasters and Pole Position II.

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "

In reply to: Re: Scanlines posted by Tarbolde on .
In MESS the scanlines sped up the video to about 15%, disabling sound brought it up to about 50%. In MAME, video plays alright with no adjustments but the sound skips and loops, so I assume that my PC has more trouble emulating simultaneous audio than the video itself.

In the scanline demo pics they used Jungle King for the example screen. I'd forgotten about that version, and didn't know that they'd gotten sued over it; hence Jungle Hunt.

Jungle King (with scanlines)

Jungle Hunt (Taito Legends version)

Re: "stray off somewhere"
Screencap from epic 'wandering' session in Firefox ~2.0.0.11.

"Don't try this in Internet Explorer!"

Replies:
Re: MAME .59 and .84- sound advice
Tarbolde -- 5/12/2010 9:57 pm UTC
Re: Taito lock
Tarbolde -- 5/11/2010 11:21 pm UTC