Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: NES, SNES emulation on the Wii

Posted by Jigsaw on .
Nope. NES and SNES, Genesis, Game Boy, Atari, Colecovision, TG-16, etc all run at full speed. N64 is a bit slow, Game Boy Advance seems to be full speed but can be a little sluggish. The wireless controls and interface alone are enough of a reason to go that way, the extra features such as graphics rendering make the game look just fine on a bigger TV. Another thing I've noticed is when the screen scrolls, you aren't running into choppiness that you'll see using DirectX. Everything runs a lot smoother than what I've seen on a PC.

In reply to: Re: NES, SNES emulation on the Wii posted by Lillymon on .
I thought about this a lot, but there are three reasons I've been put off.

#1: The Wii really isn't all that powerful, so NES emulators are going to be slightly second-rate, and SNES emulators much more so. My Core 2 Duo is far more suited to such tasks.

#2: Nintendo keep trying to break homebrew. I have better things to do than play exploit cat-and-mouse games with Nintendo for the next few years.

#3: It may be on TV, but component cables, a 37" plasma screen, and a GameCube or Classic Controller hardly make for an authentic retro experience. My PC, with full choice of control pads and enough power for custom filters (such as the NTSC filter and/or the new phosphore3x filter) actually gets me closer to my childhood really.