Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Looking for fast paced 2D platformers...

Posted by johnross on .
I have a suggestion: Do you live in Florida? My cousin's name is Chris Williams.

Other suggestions:
-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
-Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2 (Super Nintendo)
-Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 (Sega Genesis)
-not Tetris (any system)

I'm sure I could make a list 2 pages long if I tried. But those 6 games I've listed above are all 10's, except for maybe Sonic, and will keep you busy for a long time.

"o i c wat u did thar"

In reply to: Looking for fast paced 2D platformers... posted by chris_williams on .
I am looking for some fast paced 2D platformer games to play. It doesn't matter what system. I want to play games that are similar to Super Mario World. I have been playing alot of Super Meat Boy on xbox360 and it is amazing. I really want to find more games like it. The main parts of these games that I like are being able to have a run button and controlling the height of my jumps by holding down the button longer. I'm not a huge fan of beat em up games or side scrolling shooters. I want games that require precision jumps and have very smooth controls. I just recently played Rocket Knight Adventures for Genesis and it is pretty fun but still not exactly what I am looking for. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thank you.

Replies:
Snake Eyes -- 5/3/2011 11:36 pm UTC
Tricob -- 5/4/2011 8:23 pm UTC
Tarbolde -- 5/9/2011 9:51 pm UTC
Tricob -- 5/15/2011 10:51 pm UTC
HuBBsDoctor -- 5/5/2011 10:32 pm UTC
HuBBsDoctor -- 5/5/2011 10:34 pm UTC