Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Games That You've Beaten

Posted by Tarbolde on .
That list is pretty solid, Snake. I'm always meaning to get to a few of those, like the Castlevania and Metroid titles and Chrono Trigger. Of the games on your list, I've beaten Double Dragon II, Ninja Gaiden II, and The Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past. Link was the first SNES game that I took down, in fact. Good stuff.

>>after these two consoles games started to be designed in a way that you were intended to get to the end of them. I think I beat just about every PSX and PS2 title I ever purchased.

Older video games were more like carnival games in that their high level of difficulty would challenge/frustrate/taunt the player into trying again. Newer games often seem to want to provide an enjoyable experience and maybe even an ego boost in order to get the player to buy the sequel.

I'll be posting a few PSX and PS2 games, so you might want to get yours in here as well.

-Tarbolde

"Warriors! Show some guts! You can't escape me! Come get me if you can!"

In reply to: Re: Games That You've Beaten posted by Snake Eyes on .
Man off the top of my head.....

(NES)
Crystalis
Jackal
Metroid
G.I. Joe
Castlevania II Simon's Quest
Castlevania III Dracula's Curse
Ninja Gaiden II
Clash At Demonhead
Low G Man
Double Dragon II
...... Possibly some others

(SNES)
Soul Blazer
Act Raiser
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy II (IV)
Final Fantasy III/(VI)
Contra III the Alien Wars
The Legend of Zelda a Link To the Past
Knights of the round
The Secret of Mana
Super Castlevania IV
Chronotrigger..... (I however cannot take joy in this as I was only able to get 8 of the endings. Long story short I lent a my cart to a friend... He in turn lent it to some tool bag I didn't know and he proceeded to save over my save games...)

Thats all I can think of on those two consoles but there may be a few more I forgot about. It seems like after these two consoles games started to be designed in a way that you were intended to get to the end of them. I think I beat just about every PSX and PS2 title I ever purchased unless I got side tracked by some other game.

Also all the titles I listed were actually beaten on their intended console. No Roms used. I find it far to tempting to use save states when I play emulated titles. So to abide by the rules of this thread I have left out all the Rom titles I've beaten.

Replies:
Dhaos -- 7/27/2013 1:40 am UTC
Tarbolde -- 7/29/2013 6:31 am UTC