Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: Games That Beat YOU

Posted by Tarbolde on .
>>am writing a novel [...] it covers rape, starvation, suicide, domestic abuse, and even prostitution."

I've been working on a similar story, but unfortunately mine is autobiographical. :-|

-Tarbolde

In reply to: Re: Games That Beat YOU posted by Tricob on .
Uh ... okay. Seeing as my webname has "Cobra Triangle" used as a base for its name, you'd never believe that Cobra Triangle qualified as a "never beat that game" category. In Level 12/13 - "Race To The Finish", I got so frustrated that I just tossed the game aside. The music is insanely annoying, it's unbelievably hard, and it gets tedious extremely quickly. I suppose I'll get back to it again some time in the future, but other things are going on right now - I'm going back into programming, I set up organ music for the church on a weekly basis, and I've been downright obsessed with this novel I'm writing.

No, that's not an exaggeration; I actually am writing a novel. It's really just something I need to get out of my system. It's set in the 1920s and 1930s, and good god, is it dark. It's about a girl growing up in an orphanage, and it covers rape, starvation, suicide, domestic abuse, and even prostitution. I strive to do everything I make in good taste, and this creation is no different. But it is a turn-trash-into-art project, and it certainly isn't for the faint of heart; it's quite intense.

- Tricob.

Replies:
Tricob -- 12/2/2016 12:49 am UTC
Tarbolde -- 12/2/2016 8:15 am UTC
Tarbolde -- 12/5/2016 12:15 am UTC
Tricob -- 12/5/2016 5:47 am UTC