Rom Request Board
Register

Re: Pokémon Pinball RS missing from GBA games

Posted by Piplup on .
That's the thing - they didn't necessarily "end their handheld line" - but merged it with the home console. The Switch can't be claimed to be just a home console or just a handheld. Instead of being one of the "types", it acts as both, therefore its name. I think the fact a main series Pokémon game is being developed for the Switch says a lot... Pokémon's main series was always handheld, been so for over 20 years, so why change it now? If they had any intention of making a new handheld, surely they would plan the next Pokémon game to be for that system rather than for the Switch. I saw some people speculate about the possibility of them eventually releasing a lower-cost Switch that acts as handheld only to make it more viable for people who can't afford the Switch and are only interested in a handheld system, but wether they do that or not, I'm convinced the Switch is the successor of both the Wii U and the 3DS. No more separate consoles. Also, Nintendo started making mobile games, so perhaps that had part of the decision too, since these are basically "handheld" games. So yeah, not forcing my opinion if you don't agree with this, but that's what I believe for now... I've seen people online argue about this but I guess no one can really know for sure. We'll see eventually...

In reply to: Re: Pokémon Pinball RS missing from GBA games posted by Vimm on .
I hadn't thought of the Switch like that. While the DS was touted as the "third pillar" alongside GameBoy, that was clearly BS. They were obviously trying to save face if it failed. The switch is clearly the Wii U successor, but has Nintendo truly ended their handheld line?

Replies:
Re: Pokémon Pinball RS missing from GBA games
Vimm -- 3/7/2018 4:00 pm UTC