Rom Request Board
Register

Re: WiiWare?

Posted by kn5w on .
So a fair few games then! I did manage to grab one WiiWare game - Castlevania: The Adventure ReBirth - but it was off a very dodgy site. Did all the appropriate scans and stuff to ensure nothing else came with it and it seems fine, but way too many popup screens were on there. Thankfully AdBlocker and my Antivirus/Malware protection software caught seemingly everything it wanted to throw at my PC. I'm sure that the other Rom Hunters would have a far safer time though in obtaining these. :)

In reply to: Re: WiiWare? posted by Piplup on .
That's interesting. I'm yet to even try Wii emulation at all (would probably be too much for my current old computer), but if possible, I think the original "Pokémon Rumble" might be worth preserving. (I want to say "My Pokémon Ranch" too but its purpose would be gone unless there would be a way to connect it with emulated gen 4 DS games... and there's a WiiWare-exclusive "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon" game but that was only released in Japan).
While not really related, I also wonder about e-Reader mini games too. I vaguely remember playing them on emulator a few years ago (I think there was no "rom" file but some other kinds of files that emulated the card-scanning act that activated certain mini-games, information and animations)