Message Board
Register

Re: EmuParadise is now forced to STOP it's Dow

Posted by Ohthatthing on .
Sigh. I feel like a lot of people are panicking at this point. Loveroms being taken down was a combination of many factors outside of just having roms. If I read a report right, Nintendo is also accusing them of unfair competition since they did put access to some of their stuff behind a paywall and profiting off of that. Nintendo only has shut down one little website (one with an U.S. IP address for crying out loud) and everyone is now thinking that they they took down emupardise too, but I blame it on misleading headlines and such and that one click bait one that claims that Nintendo admits that it is now suing now instead of warning people even though that wasn't even quoted coming from Nintendo. The owner of emupardise only threw in the towel due to years of threats and can't be bothered anymore because of one site actually getting sued for real, and wants to be on the safe side even though whoever took down all Nintendo owned games which was the second time since the owner secretly did put the Nintendo games back on for a while until recently. I guess they don't want to worry about someone else like Sony or some other company for example since Nintendo at this point would not even bother as long as they didn't have their games on their. No games of theirs, no case for them.

What I'm trying to say is people need to calm down for a moment. Yeah other website are taking down Nintendo games as a way to avoid them, but it is not the end of the world and still are places to find this stuff, for now. Nintendo only went after the lowest hanging fruit, and we have yet to see what will happen next. This is NOT addressed to people out there that are hording and downloading romsets, I mean that is understandable since no website will be around forever regardless of what happens to it.

In reply to: Re: EmuParadise is now forced to STOP it's Downloa posted by DerpySnake on .
The owner of Emuparadise himself decided to remove all roms, it was last year that (most) Nintendo ROMs and ISOs were removed, this year he just decided that it would be best to keep them safe legally.