Message Board
Register

Re: Gran Turismo 5 versions

Posted by Danielle on .
The versions shown on Vimm are versions of the physical disc, which don't always correspond to software revisions.

From what I can find, the EU 4.0 game is the version of the game released under the "PlayStation Essentials" budget printing, as well as the "Academy Edition" of the game. Both contain the same software, but the Academy Edition also came with a code for extra DLC.

The US version 4 was released as the "XL Edition", and it is labeled as such in the Vault. This was also a copy of the game bundled with codes for DLC, as well as including some software updates on the disc.

The software revisions did only go up to 2.17. The last two patches for the game were to prepare it for end-of-life, as the servers for the game were being taken offline. Version 2.16 of the software disabled online play and version 2.17 removed online requirements for certain features, such as installing DLC from the PlayStation Store. (The DLC was later removed from the PlayStation Store anyway, making this moot.)

In reply to: Gran Turismo 5 versions posted by Vimm Vimm on .
Hello!
I'm trying to download Gran Turismo from this page: https://vimm.net/vault/84444. There is a drop down box that allows you to choose the version of the game you want to download. I chose 4.0, which is the default value, but as I downloaded the archive, unpacked it and loaded into rpcs3, it showed me that the version of the game is 1.0 upgradable to 2.17. Several days ago I tried to download the US version of the game with the same result (1.0 instead of 4.0).
So, the question is - is there such thing as version 4.0 of Gran Turismo 5?

Replies:
Re: Gran Turismo 5 versions
Vimm Vimm -- 2/13/2024 3:49 am UTC