Miscellaneous Board
Register

Post any interesting stories here.

Posted by Tricob on .
This one happens to be true.

I was helping someone last night with his machine by re-installing the OS at his request. At one point I asked him what "business" he wanted to be listed for his machine. When he didn't have an answer, I suggested that - since we were re-installing the OS - that the company name "Major OS Whooping" would be appropriate.

Later, he was putting together a shelf, and he asked if I had a hammer. I didn't, and told him that quite honestly. He cursed. I said that there's probably something around the general area that he could use as a substitute.

Sure enough, there was. There was super-duper-crappy harddisk I removed for him that neither of us knew what to do with afterwards, so it just sat there. Turned out the old harddisk made a great hammer! After hammering in five nails, he examined the harddisk and found no nicks, no dents, not even a scratch. He cursed in amazement. He finished hammering the rest of the nails in, and examined the harddisk once more, finding it still in tip-tip condition. "F***," he mused.

Well, I knew that crummy harddisk would end up being good for something. But while the harddisk seemed to take no exterior damage from the hammer work it did, I imagine the inside of the harddrive was pretty much smashed to smithereens.

- Tricob.

"Glass Tiger for life! "