Vimm's Lair: Message Board
Message Board
Register

Re: Controller does not work for Mario Power Tenni

Posted by IlikeFruits on .
Ok this is what I've found, if it make any sense to you.

When you serve, Motion needs to be done at the peak of the ball and only with a smash in my case, you press either A or B and then smash (very quick vertical swing from high to low).

Then you return whatever way you want but again in my case, returning close to the service line needed to be done with a kind of aggressive motion, too quick for my liking (my wrist kind of hurts) but when you are closing the net, the swing needs to be very gentle otherwise ball will go way out.

The Nunchuk only controls your character, not where you are pointing the ball, that is done with your Wiimote depending on your swing. I clarify that because it was confusing to me at first.

Motion is just too precise in this game, I don't like it. Or maybe I was badly position to the infrared bar. But both roms (UE and USA) worked for me, I even downloaded another USA rom from another site.

In reply to: Re: Controller does not work for Mario Power Tenni posted by IlikeFruits on .
3 Questions:

Are you playing with the original Wiimote or a third-party controller?

Have you consider playing the GameCube version? Is basically the same.

Have you use the other rom version (If you have the North America, try to use the European and viceversa)?

I'm going to try it myself with my third-party Wiimote and my friend's old original one to see if I get any problems and can help you in some way.