Message Board
Register

Re: How do I set up my controls?

Posted by VeggyZ on .
Also, buying one of those USB converters won't cost you much. I believe I got mine for about $15 at Wal Mart when they carried it. I can't imagine you'd find much higher prices on the internet. Just look around.

Upon further inspection, you can use your mouse as the joystick with whatever plugin, but it's about as difficult as using keys. I highly suggest using a good PC controller.

Also, if you don't know what I'm talking about as far as plugins, just search for Project64 plugins and you'll find several for video, audio, and input. I assume that's the emulator you're using.

Google. It's your friend.

"Mono-sodium glutamate is a preservative. If you eat it you will be immortal."

In reply to: Re: How do I set up my controls? posted by VeggyZ on .
About the only good thing you can do is download a good plugin for Project64 and use a PC controller. What I did was got a USB converter that plugs into a usb port on my computer, and allows me to use a PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube controller on my pc. It works fairly well. Though nothing had a joystick as nice as an N64 controller, they work pretty well for N64 emulation. You might have to adjust the sensitivity of the analog stick to get it just right, though.

It works wonders, it's really the only way to play N64 emulation. As far as using a mouse, I've not looked that hard, but it wouldn't work nearly as smoothly as you imagine since the vertical scrolling in N64 isn't nearly as smooth as you'd get using a mouse on a game made for PC. Try the controller solution.

Replies:
Tricob -- 3/1/2009 8:56 pm UTC
VeggyZ -- 3/11/2009 9:48 pm UTC