Rom Request Board
Register

Re: Help?

Posted by Dhaos on .
Was this game in English? or was the game NTSC-U (North American release)? I ask because I was thinking the game could be Daiku no Gen-San, also known as Hammerin' Harry. It's a side scroller, The main character wears a red shirt, he goes around picking up keys and hitting switches, and oh yeah he has a hammer. The GBC version was released in 2000 in Japan, same year as 102 Dalmatians, the hammer also works as an umbrella somehow and a pogo stick to help make bigger jumps. It has an english fan translation. You can download a patched copy of the rom from this link here.

In reply to: Re: Help? posted by cazacat on .
it was definitely gameboy colour! and a platform style game with the side-scroller perspective, I cant remember ANY names or anything its so so odd that i dont remember at all!

I think I had it at around the same time as a 102 dalmations (puppies to the rescue) game for gameboy colour too, if that's any help?

I dont remember any other characters from the game, but i remember that on the first level you were in a grey dungeon style place, and then eventually in a fairground. I dont think i ever got too far which is wierd and i dont know when i stopped playing it or where it went either!

I think the hammer was definitely the main weapon, whether you got more as you progressed i dont know. My sister says that you swung it to do bigger jumps and jumps over gaps and stuff...

I have a vague memory of you getting a code for each level, like a password type thing.

Thanks again!

Replies:
Dhaos -- 5/15/2011 11:22 pm UTC
cazacat -- 5/17/2011 5:57 am UTC
cazacat -- 5/17/2011 6:18 am UTC
Dhaos -- 5/17/2011 4:03 pm UTC
Re: >Superior game finding skills
Tarbolde -- 5/20/2011 2:19 am UTC