Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: The Contest

Posted by 0007 on .
I'll probably be in for a long while. My netbook runs windows XP and still will until it stops being useful... which I can't tell when, it has no reason going out whenever in the future.

Aside from that, I still use XP on this computer; not sure how some 1337 |-| 4 >< 0 |2 could break in but I'll have to take their word that these security updates have a use. The change to a newer OS will take place in 1 to 3 years I believe, so I think I'll a worthwhile contestant :P.

In reply to: The Contest posted by Tarbolde on .
Today I got a notification from you know who, reminding me that we're now past the eight month mark in this contest and that it was ten months ago that Microsoft tried to kill off XP.

In recent news, as of November 2014 XP was only being spotted on 13% of desktop PCs connected to the internet, but in December that number jumped to 18.26%. This last month there was a small increase to 18.93%. That's more than Vista, 8, and 8.1 combined!

For the record, I still haven't used the POS hack to receive extended updates because Microsoft said that it would be risky to do so.

Congratulations to all who have made it this far!

-Tarbolde

"Play the man, Master Ridley!"

Replies:
Tarbolde -- 2/28/2015 6:11 am UTC
0007 -- 6/2/2017 10:36 pm UTC