How to use an emulator
- Download an emulator from the Emulation Lair.
- If you're using Windows, run the installer you downloaded to install the emulator. For Mac and Linux users, unzip the file to the folder of your choice.
- If you installed with the default options, run the emulator by clicking Start -> Emulators and selecting your emulator.
Most emulators have instructions included with them, usually in the form of a readme.txt or some other .txt file. Most questions about how to use the emulator are answered there. Please read this document first before asking for help on the Message Board.
How to play a game
Games can be played using a console emulator emulators from the Emulation Lair. Here's how it works.
- Download an emulator. Please refer to "How to use an emulator" above for more details.
- Download a game.
- Unzip the game, usually to the same location as your emulator(s). If you don't have a program that can unzip files you can download a free copy of 7-Zip.
- Run your emulator of choice.
- Load the game! If you need help with this, please read the emulator's instructions since each is unique.
Please keep in mind that emulators are not perfect and will not run every game. If a game doesn't work with your favorite emulator, please try it with another emulator. Nearly all games in The Vault will work perfectly with one or more emulators from the Emulation Lair.