Message Board
Register

Re: Censorship between USA and Europe versions.

Posted by DerpySnake on .
In terms of older games, some things were removed but often it's due to time constraints or not enough space on carts. Not sure if that last part was a huge problem on GBA, but I know it was for NES and earlier.

In terms of censorship for GBA, I've heard of a few instances of removed scenes but there's never definitive proof of it being censorship or something else, like time constraints.

I'd say relatively, a few things here and there were censored, but mostly left untouched.

Of course, older German releases would often tone down blood, gore and violence + remove any references to Nazis, lest they lose an entire country's market.

In reply to: Re: Censorship between USA and Europe versions. posted by Noor on .
Let's say for example some versions don't show as much blood or maybe some versions refer to death as, "sending them to another dimension" or "retirement". Censorship such as this. Are these not a form of censorship? I think of them as censorship. But yes, I suppose it is very difficult to detect every single minute detail in each single version. So how about generally then? On a general basis are there any difference between the USA and the Europe versions, in terms of censorship.

Oh and I'm asking this for GBA roms but do tell me about other roms if you know anything about them.

Thanks.