Message Board
Register

Re: News: June 5, 2024

Posted by Danielle on .
If they're using automated scripts to send takedown requests, then those scripts could easily miss games or produce false positives.

In reply to: Re: News: June 5, 2024 posted by Lozicle on .
I'm sympathetic to Vimm here. It could be trolls, but is it worth risking if it isn't? It's best to just comply and lay low.
Still, looking through what's been removed and what hasn't, there are some weird gaps. For example, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games are gone, but plenty of other Square Enix games aren't? Mega Man games are gone, but they missed The Misadventures of Tron Bonne. There's plenty of Disney games still available, like Castle of Illusion and Epic Mickey, the latter of which is getting a re-release soon. Speaking of, the Pikmin, Halo, and Spyro series are still available on here despite all having versions you can buy on modern platforms (though it's important to preserve the originals regardless). You'd think Nintendo and the ESA would wanna go after those.
It all seems suspicious to me, but again, I don't blame Vimm for removing them, and I understand if they're really gone for good (from this site at least).