Message Board
Register

Re: the PS Vault takedowns are kinda weird

Posted by NoahFuel on .
But, I think that the football game inconsistencies have to do with licensing? EA still has the NFL license and While they're bringing back their college football series; as far as I know EA doesn't have a license for the whole NCAA anymore. Maybe their lack of certain collegiate licenses means that they have no ability, or simply no desire, to put a claim on the NCAA games?

as for 2K5, It was a Sega game; but, Sega sold 2K Sports to Take Two not long afterwards. 2K lost their NFL license after 2K5. While they've recently gotten it back, it's now a restricted license that only allows for certain "non-simulation" experiences. The game 2K is using it on is a mobile deck builder.

I don't think that anyone put in a claim to have it taken down because nobody has the proper NFL licenses for it anymore

In reply to: the PS Vault takedowns are kinda weird posted by NoahFuel on .
on PS1, the Resident Evil Trilogy was taken down but the Crash, Spyro and Tomb Raider Trilogy are still up.

on PS2 Every GTA and Madden game was taken down and so was the Jak and Daxter Trilogy and the Ratchet and Clank trilogy but the NCAA games, NFL 2K5, the Sly Cooper Trilogy, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3 and the Tony Hawk games are still up.

It seems like whoever's doing this is only targeting the most Popular games in the Vaults but not all of them.

it's so weird