Message Board
Register

Everyone should chill...

Posted by GreyFox on .
Like most I was pretty bummed about the fact that many of the most mainstream titles have been struck from the site, and I'm glad I had many of them already downloaded before the action happened. But I have to say, to the people who have been acting as if this is Romaggedon on Vimm's (and there's been quite a few), the VAST majority of Rom's on this site are still up, catalogued better than most other Rom sites for our convenience.

There are many other sites where you can easily find and download the more mainstream titles, a quick google search will reveal at least 3. This site is still Goat'd, and still is probably the best place for Rom's that aren't just Mario, Resident Evil, FF etc. I kind of feel like it's a bit petty/disrespectful to act like Vimm is done, and all the hard work he puts into the site is pointless because you can't download Pokemon anymore.

Honestly, as a fan of Retro games, i'm personally not even that interested in mainstream titles etc. because I can literally get them anywhere, or buy the game for 20 bucks on Ebay. I'd much rather play something more obscure, of which there are literally tens of thousands of options on this site. It's obvious that the recent social media traffic caught the attention of some kind of Copyright bot that struck the most popular titles by name only and moved on. There's no "Eye of Sauron" on the site, the gaming Illuminati does not have it in for Vimm, there is no reason for everyone to "lay low", or keep quiet, or start acting like we're part of some secret cabal that just got found out. This is ridiculous, the site is fine, everyone can game. Are big corporations lame? Yes. Has that ever NOT been the case? No. So everyone should just chill and get back to gaming.

""Just call me... DEEP THROAT.""

Replies:
Re: Everyone should chill...
MacUser2 -- 6/27/2024 4:05 pm UTC
TomRiddle98 -- 6/27/2024 11:01 am UTC
MacUser2 -- 6/27/2024 4:07 pm UTC