Vimm's Lair: Message Board
Message Board
Register

Re: Help with submitting a manual

Posted by crinkle-cut on .
Thanks Vimm. I tried doing the manual a while ago but I just couldn't make it work. I'm pretty sure I had them numbered correctly. I tried rearranging things and whatever I could think of. In the middle of trying I switched my images from JPEGs to PNG files, but that didn't work. In the end,I posted this and tried it a few more time and ended up using my original JPEG files without having changed anything in it....as far as I can tell. Whatever, it worked. Duke Nukem was a trial run because it was a game no one would have and it was a short manual. I should have some more exciting manuals in the future.

In reply to: Re: Help with submitting a manual posted by Vimm on .
Ah yes, I saw you trying to submit Duke Nukem 64. The first thing you have to do is name all the images the same name, followed by a dash and then a number. For example...

DukeNukem64-0
DukeNukem64-1
DukeNukem64-2
... etc.

This is necessary so the server can figure out what order the pages are in. Once everythiong's named, just select all the files and right click. There should be an option to compress or zip the files. It sounds like you're using the built in Windows zipper and I use WinZip myself, but they should both work that way. You should then end up with one .zip file containing all of your images. Then, just upload that to the server and if everything checks out it'll take care of the rest and your manual will be viewable in The Manual Project.

If you have any more trouble, please let me know. I want to do my best to make the submission process as easy as possible for everyone.