Message Board
Register

DMCA Law

Posted by Mariosion on .
Hello,
As many of us in the US know, Thom Tillis snuck in the new Lawful Streaming act into the COVID relief stimulus package which just passed, (which benefits lots of countries outside the US while actual Americans are given tiny scraps). The act is going after pirate sites like Kisscartoon (or at least it claims to). I was wondering if that would affect Vimm’s Lair? It includes the following as a “work�.

“(A) a computer program, a musical work, a motion picture or other audiovisual work, or sound recording, if, at the time of unauthorized public performance-“

I was watching Mutahar’s latest video from SomeOrdinaryGamers on the new law being passed, and this popped up, I just want to ask if Vimm’s Lair has a plan for this. I don’t want this site to die, it really is the best ROM site I have ever used, and it’d be a shame for all this preservation to be lost, especially when many of these games are just too damn expensive to collect (as a collector myself), and the companies don’t give a damn (Nintendo Im looking right at you). Thank you all, have a great day.

Replies:
Re: DMCA Law
TomRiddle98 -- 1/3/2021 5:48 pm UTC
phayon959 -- 12/23/2020 12:09 am UTC
TrueGB -- 12/28/2020 11:57 pm UTC