Message Board
Register

Found a solution, but the problem is still a thing

Posted by kaprikorn on .
Update, seemingly solved by downloading another dump from romspure.com and running from that version, but the issue itself still exists. It seems the build on this website is missing a file that allows that specific mission area to trigger, I couldn't possibly fathom what.

In reply to: Game Broken: The Godfather: The Don's Edition posted by kaprikorn on .
Final mission, Baptism by Fire. Supposed to drive to a hotel to kill Don Stracci. The blue highlighted mission area is meant to trigger a small and quick loading screen and then you get out of your car to enter the hotel, but instead nothing happens. I've tried restarting, both the game, the emulator (RPCS3), and my computer, to no result. The mission is unable to be finished in this state, as getting out of the car regularly will count as leaving the mission area, not allow essential Stracci NPCs to spawn, and fail you. You won't be able to get past the hotel doors before you see the mission failed screen.

The game worked 100% perfectly until now. I've been playing up to 100% completion as well, which has taken about 30 hours, in which the only things that have happened are certain textures flickering, usually cars or non breakable windows, a few random crashes that I don't have the log files for anymore probably, unless RPCS3 saves separate logs. I'd love it if someone could provide some help.

Replies:
Re: Found a solution, but the problem is still a t
EmptyEnvelope2 -- 7/12/2021 6:11 am UTC
Re: Found a solution, but the problem is still a t
EmptyEnvelope2 -- 7/12/2021 6:15 am UTC