Message Board
Register

Re: PSCX2 - Playstation - Sly 2 - not working

Posted by thewhat on .
Did you actually try any of the workarounds listed on the wiki page? Seems like you're assuming the problem is with the rom, but you haven't described any troubleshooting you've done to ensure it isn't simply an issue on your machine.

When it comes to emulation, specs don't necessarily determine how well a game runs, so don't get too hung up on the idea that more demanding games aren't giving you issues. One of the strongest rigs on that wiki page reports slowdown during gameplay, and one of the three "known issues" listed toward the bottom addresses a similar complaint.

I've personally had issues with PCSX2 that had zero to do with system specs or roms themselves. Silent Hill 3 would not run properly for me until applying an FMV workaround listed on the PSCX2 wiki, as an example. Your mileage may vary, but it helps to start isolating the problem on your end first regardless.

In reply to: Re: PSCX2 - Playstation - Sly 2 - not working posted by nated2 on .
that doesn't help.... I know my computer can run that game as it can run new games.... so I am curious if there is another download link for another copy of it or if others have had issues with that download?

Replies:
Re: PSCX2 - Playstation - Sly 2 - not working
DerpySnake -- 12/13/2021 10:21 am UTC