Message Board
Register

Re: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

Posted by Zeon_Grunt on .
Vimm is not associated with any emulation group - this is just a website for archiving digital copies of games for old consoles.

> I know RPSC3 says the game has an issue which classifies it as "ingame" but some have said it should be "playable."

General rule of thumb when it comes to emulators that are "in development" is to expect games to break between updates; games will frequently jump between "menus" to "in game" to "playable" until the emulators are finalized - which RPCS3 isn't even remotely close to. In the case of Spinter Cell Trilogy, it appears that updating the emulator past v0.0.7-9298-71c4a2a1 breaks the game and causes the specific error you're asking about. For Splinter Cell, you may as well just play the native PS2 versions with upscaled resolution.

There's also the issue of unknown hardware - we don't know what the person who claims the game is playable is running the emulator on. If they're on a modern Intel 12th gen i9 CPU coupled with an RTX 4090 GPU and 32GB of RAM rated for 3200hz, that doesn't mean the game will be playable on a rig using an 11th gen Intel I5 coupled with a GTX 1660 and 12GB of RAM rated at 2100hz.

If you don't have an 6-core/12 thread or 8-core/8-thread CPU, then PS3 emulation is pretty much a lost cause unless you stick to the least demanding games on the market.

In reply to: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy posted by Tr3kSt3r on .
I'm having an issue with this game freezing on the game selection menu. I've read that some people have played this game all the way through with no problems. I've also read that some people have the same issue I do. It freezes on the game selection menu with the words "please wait." My problem is the freezing but I don't have the words "please wait" on the screen. The game selection menu just doesn't respond at all. I was wondering if there was a fix for this? I've looked and looked but haven't found a solution. I know RPSC3 says the game has an issue which classifies it as "ingame" but some have said it should be "playable." Thank you.