Message Board
Register

Re: Why is everyone mad at the Pizza Tower pirate?

Posted by spoonfie on .
It's really down to a lot of personal interpretation on how you view piracy and getting a game for free. A game that is well distributed and easily accessible through Steam hardly warrants being pirated (unless you just wanna get games for free). Games in the Vault are of generations gone by, which can make them inaccessible for people (either monetarily or physically acquiring them).

If the game isn't worth your money when you buy it, you can just refund it within the 2 hour playtime window. And I don't really think that indie devs absolutely *need* people's money either. However, there is an argument to be made that an indie developer is most certainly going to have less (en masse) mainstream appeal than a big corporation. They may not be struggling to put food on the table, but it is nice to support developers whose games you enjoy.

As you have clearly indicated, you don't like the developer of Pizza Tower, or Toby Fox (and that's really a whole 'nother discussion to be made about that). I would honestly just not buy the games if you don't like them.

In reply to: Why is everyone mad at the Pizza Tower pirate? posted by Hagath on .
First of all, the game doesn't have a demo available. How do I know whether or not it's worth my money? Second of all, this site is about grabbing games for free, a lot of which have available PC ports that you can buy, and some were even made by small studios that you're not supporting. Obviously making moral arguments about piracy is a little hypocritical. The dev of the game not exactly indie either since he was met with mainstream success.

Flash games that were miles better than Pizza Tower were distributed for free. I don't understand why "indie" grifters like Tobby Fox (the Pizza Tower dev will likely follow his path), who make a few hours' worth of content once every 20 years, NEED my money. Would you give money to a restaurant that takes a week to prepare your meal?

Replies:
Hagath -- 6/23/2023 3:53 am UTC
Yanisin -- 6/27/2023 3:55 pm UTC
Hagath -- 6/28/2023 7:57 am UTC
DerpySnake -- 6/27/2023 6:30 pm UTC
spoonfie -- 6/24/2023 1:07 am UTC
Hagath -- 6/26/2023 4:02 am UTC
slimXradio -- 7/8/2023 12:05 pm UTC
DerpySnake -- 7/10/2023 5:29 pm UTC