Message Board
Register

Re: Smash Brawl (USA) (Rev. 2) - Bad Dump and Hash

Posted by spoonfie on .
Update: I have tried again to find a verifiable WBFS of Super Smash Bros Brawl. I went to the Internet Archive megathread of games, and downloaded the WBFS from there. After attempting to verify with Dolphin, the hashes returned were incorrect and I was getting error information. I am yet to find a WBFS that is clean and verifies properly. If anyone has any information on where I could obtain a clean WBFS, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

In reply to: Smash Brawl (USA) (Rev. 2) - Bad Dump and Hashes posted by spoonfie on .
I recently went to play Super Smash Bros. Brawl again (after a long time of not playing it). After experiencing crashes, I decided to investigate and found I had downloaded a bad WBFS (the hashes did not match). I go to download a fresh copy from here and tried again. I went to verify the hashes using Dolphin and I am getting errors indicating a bad dump. I compared the hashes returned by Dolphin to the ones on the site and they do not match up. I have played over 100 games from this site and they have verified perfectly, but Smash Bros. Brawl appears to be the only one that has caused me issues. I have extracted the game using 7zip as instructed (as I have done for all of my games). If there is anything you can do to get a better WBFS dump of the game, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Replies:
Re: Smash Brawl (USA) (Rev. 2) - Bad Dump and Hash
Matman -- 6/24/2023 9:07 pm UTC