Message Board
Register

Re: Error while unzipping Wii games

Posted by Wyrnat on .
Thank you very much for testing.
As it worked for you, at least I know now something is wrong with me. RAM should not be the problem as I was trying to extract it also on a quite modern Windows Computer. So either I had problems with downloading or with the saving in the hard drive.
My internet connection ist not really stable, I often loose connection but the download always continued without visible complications.
I downloaded it with a Linux Mint machine onto a msdos formatted 256G USB Stick,maybe this was not a sane decision.

Long story short, I will repeat the downloads with a different Computer and into a different hard drive.

Again, thank you very much, I already feared all the good old games are lost forever.

In reply to: Re: Error while unzipping Wii games posted by Rin Tohsaka on .
I just tried extracting Sonic Colors and it worked without issue with both Linux Mint's default extractor as well as 7-Zip portable v22.01 (albeit running via Wine v8.13, but hey it worked)

Are you sure your download itself didn't bork out somewhere in the middle but it kept actually downloading? Thing is, that would also result in a corrupted archive that would similarly result in it failing to extract.

Alternatively, there's the angle that the download is actually fine and there's something wrong on your PC's side of things, like not enough disk space to extract the game, or failing RAM that is causing corrupted data whenever running something that needs a moderate amount of RAM (in this case extracting a large 7z archive).

Replies:
Re: Error while unzipping Wii games
Rin Tohsaka -- 8/8/2023 7:25 pm UTC