Vimm's Lair: Message Board
Message Board
Register

Re: about roms

Posted by jon200547 on .
their changing the files its not just an unzip and you get to play it the bigger ones those ones are getting changed so much its not just an unzip you play it their completely changing the file where you have to change it to a certain file to play the game its not a simple unzip and you can play it the bigger ones its like its zipped up compressed and probably compressed again its not you just download it and unzip and your ready to play and if you dont have that file to uncompress it you cant play the game its not just a simple zipped up file in its original form you just unzip and play but when you compress it your shrinking the file and you cant play it as is you need to match the original file to uncompress to play the game and if you dont have that program to change the file back to its original size you cant play the game let me use an example the playstation runs as an iso if i remember right thats an original file and its at say 15 gigs as an example i know its not but lets just say it is than it gets compressed to an 2.5 gigs and with a file now called i dont know lets just say itv for an example so it went from an iso to itv and now in that form cant be played till you switch it back to an iso for an example and lets say you need a program or something downloaded to change it back to an iso one I dont have such a program 2 I wouldnt know how to use the program even if i downloaded it which now I am looking at a useless game I cant play cause I got to refix a game back to its original size just to play the game i am not a pro i am not even average on this computer i just know enough to get on look at things and barely know how to play those games on those certain emulators and i barely know how to do that to play them if you were to say i had to have this file or something to change the game back i might as well consider it a lost game cause i am more likely to mess that up

In reply to: Re: about roms posted by Danielle on .
I know that you can't play them when they're compressed. The solution is to unzip the games that you want to play. Storage space and bandwidth aren't free, and in my experience, people tolerate having to unzip the file to play it when it means they don't have to wait twice as long to download it.

Replies:
Danielle -- 4/8/2024 9:24 pm UTC
jon200547 -- 4/9/2024 12:17 am UTC