Message Board
Register

Re: Windwaker problem

Posted by Dhaos on .
Probably a glitch in the emulator. I'm not familiar with Gamecube emulation, but this page might be helpful: http://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Wind_Waker
Particularly the part about about Gray/Black Screens:
Black/Gray Screens

A black/gray screen crash may occur after certain events in the game. To fix them use DSP LLE.

If you have to use DSP HLE and encounter this error, use the "fix item hang" patch in the patches section of game properties (right click the game in the main dolphin window to get to game properties). Using the fix item hack patch will cause audio issues, so use it only when encountering a black/gray screen crash. Adding too many cheats to the game may escalate this issue. If you are experiencing the "black screen" crash after cutscenes, manually set the FPS limit to Auto or 60. This issue seems to be caused by a rapid FPS jump when the cutscene has finished.

In reply to: Windwaker problem posted by Saylor28 on .
I'm just curious, but windwaker stops playing once you get on the pirate ship and leave the island. Is that intentional, or do you think I should re-download?