Message Board
Register

Re: GameCube scrubbing problems + missing game

Posted by axl55 on .
Thank you, holding the R-Analog while pressing R works. I'm impressed that you figured that out. I've never needed to do that for the couple dozen other games I've played with the same setup (including Mario Party 4 itself in the mini-games!)

Point taken on the file sizes, though I don't know enough about scrubbing or WIT and will have to take your word that it's safe. I thought it had caused issues in other games (like deleting movies), or was that only the old scrubbing method, and all games have already been re-scrubbed?

In reply to: Re: GameCube scrubbing problems + missing game posted by Vimm on .
The GameCube controller has digital/analog shoulder buttons. When R-Analog is fully pressed the R button can be "clicked". Mario Party 4 is listening for both R buttons (as a real controller would do) so hold the R-Analog button and press the R button.

As stated in the GameCube Vault, every game is verified with Redump then scrubbed with WIT. With Mario Party 4 for example, the scrubbed disc is 289MB while the original is 1.08GB. That's 3.5 times larger! That 719MB of garbage has no affect on gameplay and downloading it is a waste of time, disk, and bandwidth.

Replies:
Re: GameCube scrubbing problems + missing game
Vimm -- 4/1/2018 2:55 am UTC