Message Board
Register

Re: Why is everyone mad at the Pizza Tower pirate?

Posted by Hagath on .
A very well put reply. Though you have misinterpreted by feelings towards the Pizza Tower dev. In all honesty, I'd like to know where he stands before I make a final judgement on his work. Pizza Tower, in my opinion,is a pretty generic platformer with nothing new to bring to that massive genre. The dev has (wisely) decided to keep all details about himself a secret, but that makes it harder to trust him with my powerful wallet vote.

Steam's 2 hour window can be unfair sometimes, as it often takes longer to sample certain games. I do commend Valve for having it there as a substitute for demos, that devs now hate for some reason, still it would be nice to actually get free demos every now and then before you pay up.

Tobby Fox is a fine example of an indie grifter, who works on games for a few months to continue his endless vacation. It is my belief that we should be more cautious of indie devs going forward, because they may turn out like him. I donnot know how people can say that piracy is completely amoral, when the modern videogame industry is so insidious.

In reply to: Re: Why is everyone mad at the Pizza Tower pirate? posted by spoonfie on .
It's really down to a lot of personal interpretation on how you view piracy and getting a game for free. A game that is well distributed and easily accessible through Steam hardly warrants being pirated (unless you just wanna get games for free). Games in the Vault are of generations gone by, which can make them inaccessible for people (either monetarily or physically acquiring them).

If the game isn't worth your money when you buy it, you can just refund it within the 2 hour playtime window. And I don't really think that indie devs absolutely *need* people's money either. However, there is an argument to be made that an indie developer is most certainly going to have less (en masse) mainstream appeal than a big corporation. They may not be struggling to put food on the table, but it is nice to support developers whose games you enjoy.

As you have clearly indicated, you don't like the developer of Pizza Tower, or Toby Fox (and that's really a whole 'nother discussion to be made about that). I would honestly just not buy the games if you don't like them.

Replies:
Yanisin -- 6/27/2023 3:55 pm UTC
Hagath -- 6/28/2023 7:57 am UTC
DerpySnake -- 6/27/2023 6:30 pm UTC
spoonfie -- 6/24/2023 1:07 am UTC
Hagath -- 6/26/2023 4:02 am UTC
slimXradio -- 7/8/2023 12:05 pm UTC
DerpySnake -- 7/10/2023 5:29 pm UTC