Message Board
Register

Re: Why is everyone mad at the Pizza Tower pirate?

Posted by Yanisin on .
"The 2 hour window is not enough time". What a terrible take. That's plenty of time. Demos generally give less than 2 hours of content anyways. I routinely use the refund policy to test games. If the game isn't good, it takes like 10 minutes to know that.

In reply to: Re: Why is everyone mad at the Pizza Tower pirate? posted by Hagath on .
A very well put reply. Though you have misinterpreted by feelings towards the Pizza Tower dev. In all honesty, I'd like to know where he stands before I make a final judgement on his work. Pizza Tower, in my opinion,is a pretty generic platformer with nothing new to bring to that massive genre. The dev has (wisely) decided to keep all details about himself a secret, but that makes it harder to trust him with my powerful wallet vote.

Steam's 2 hour window can be unfair sometimes, as it often takes longer to sample certain games. I do commend Valve for having it there as a substitute for demos, that devs now hate for some reason, still it would be nice to actually get free demos every now and then before you pay up.

Tobby Fox is a fine example of an indie grifter, who works on games for a few months to continue his endless vacation. It is my belief that we should be more cautious of indie devs going forward, because they may turn out like him. I donnot know how people can say that piracy is completely amoral, when the modern videogame industry is so insidious.

Replies:
Hagath -- 6/28/2023 7:57 am UTC
DerpySnake -- 6/27/2023 6:30 pm UTC