Message Board
Register

Re: Why is everyone mad at the Pizza Tower pirate?

Posted by Hagath on .
Completely untrue. For some games the first 2 hours is all cutscenes, or just not representative of the final product (in a good or a bad way). Take Red Dead Redemption 2 for example, a 40-60 dollar game where you spend the first 4-5 hours in a shitty snowy place. If I were to spend only 2 hours in that prologue chapter, I wouldn't know that the gameplay (not the writing) gets better.

A lot of games today tend to have an obnoxiously long tutorial session at the start, so I really don't understand why you would say this. I'm glad Valve has that 2 hour limit to force greedy game companies not to charge people for a game that people don't want, but I still think the industry could do a lot better than that.

In reply to: Re: Why is everyone mad at the Pizza Tower pirate? posted by Yanisin on .
"The 2 hour window is not enough time". What a terrible take. That's plenty of time. Demos generally give less than 2 hours of content anyways. I routinely use the refund policy to test games. If the game isn't good, it takes like 10 minutes to know that.