Message Board
Register

Re: Windows 7

Posted by Tarbolde on .
Ha. Someone I know was telling me that they qualify for a 'free' Win 7 'upgrade'. I don't suggest an XP upgrade as a solution to the ePSXe problem that rambo is having, but rather as a good-sense move in general. I've been looking at buying a new box, and I figure on getting XP and using it until something better comes along.

Incidentally, what we're referring to as Windows 7, is in fact, Windows Vista SP3, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Mojave Experiment 2.0. Windows 7 is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another marketing scheme by M$ to trick users into trying Vista, a full OS as defined by Microsoft.

Many computer users run a modified version of Vista every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Vista which is widely used is often called "Windows 7," and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Vista system, developed by Microsoft.

There really is a Windows 7, and these people are using it, but it is just part of the system they use. Windows 7 is the Graphical User Interface; the program in the system that lets people click on things and think they know how a computer works. The Graphical User Interface is an essential part of an operating system that was made for n00bs, but is useless by itself; it can only appear to have a function in the context of the user not knowing how their OS works. The Windows 7 GUI is normally used in combination with the Vista operating system; the whole system is basically Windows Vista with shinier buttons added. All the so called "Windows 7" users are really users of Windows Vista SP3.

rambo- disregard all of this. Just having some fun with you.

In reply to: Windows 7 posted by Dhaos on .
If it's a relatively new computer he might qualify for a free upgrade to Windows 7.

Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Option

Of course there might be some hidden charges.

Replies:
Vimm -- 10/6/2009 8:57 am UTC
Tricob -- 10/6/2009 8:51 pm UTC
Jigsaw -- 10/19/2009 1:35 am UTC
Tricob -- 10/19/2009 10:22 pm UTC
majinsnake -- 10/23/2009 2:35 pm UTC