Miscellaneous Board
Register

Re: New TV

Posted by ILikeFruits on .
I'll suggest that if you are planning to upscale games while emulating, just get any cheap 4k or 1080p basic TV without whistles like Android TV or unnecesary things like that.

By today's market, brand does not ensure quality, even companies like Sony or LG, OEMs their tvs to a third party manufacturer and they just put the logo. I know because I had issues with two basically, disposable made LG TVs in the last couple of years and one issue with a Sony.

If you want to have a better, different experience, get yourself a mid price cheap chinese projector from Amazon, if your room can get dark enough (you really don't need total darkness, most projectors nowadays can handle indirect ambient light and still look good).
This has been a game changer for me, just made sure you get one with high ANSI lumens, autofocus and a remote.

In reply to: New TV posted by BossManMeal on .
What would u guys suggest for a relatively cheap TV for console gaming. Would be used for from N64 to ps5.

And if some of you know something that I should know while looking for a TV it would be nice to know!